2020 Division II Super Regional Awards
Manheim, PA – The National Wrestling Coaches Association is proud to announce the following winners from the six Super Regional Tournaments which took place at the following six locations; Super Region I – Mercyhurst University, Super Region II, University of North Carolina-Pembroke, Super Region III – University of Indianapolis, Super Region IV – Fort Hays State University, Super Region V – Augustana University, and Super Region IV – University of Nebraska at Kearney.
The following wrestlers were selected as the Wrestler of the Year and Rookie Wrestler of the year for their respective Super Region and are now finalists for the Division II National Wrestler of the Year Award and National Rookie Wrestler of the year Award.
SUPER REGION WRESTLER OF THE YEAR WINNERS
- Super Region 1 – Andrew Dunn, Kutztown University
- Super Region 2 – Isiah Royal, Newberry College
- Super Region 3 – Hunter Bray, Notre Dame College
- Super Region 4 – Heath Gray, University of Central Oklahoma
- Super Region 5 – Nick Baumler, Upper Iowa University
- Super Region 6 – Robert Gambell, Colorado School of Mines
SUPER REGION ROOKIE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR WINNERS
- Super Region 1 – Jacob Ealey, University of Pitt-Johnstown
- Super Region 2 – Josh Blatt, Belmont Abbey College
- Super Region 3 – Jared Campbell, Notre Dame College
- Super Region 4 – Dalton Abney, University of Central Oklahoma
- Super Region 5 – Joseph Bianchini, St. Cloud State University
- Super Region 6 – Patrick Allis, Western Colorado University
2020 NWCA DIVISION II AWARDS
- Bob Bubb Coaching Excellence Award – Shawn Nelson, University of Findlay
- Division II Coach of the Year Award – Steve Costanzo, St. Cloud State University
- Division II Scholar All-American Awards
- Division II All-Americans
ABOUT THE NWCA
The National Wrestling Coaches Association, established in 1928, is a non-profit organization for the advancement of all levels of the sport of wrestling with primary emphasis on developing coaches who work in academic environments. The three core competencies of the NWCA are: Coaching Development, Student-Athlete Welfare, and the Promotion of Wrestling.