| ||MRSA: The Injury No One Saw Coming: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections. This 9-minute video provides critical information to coaches, medical staff, and teachers on this infection. Click here to learn more about resource. |
| ||Detection and Prevention in a Community Setting: A downloadable video that will address the recognition of MRSA, suggestions for treatment, suggestions for care of wounds, minimization of MRSA in your environment and protection of yourself and your team. Provides information for coaches, medical staff, teachers and others to help identify and manage MRSA. Click here to learn more about resource. |
Additional Educational Resources:
- Skin Infections in Wrestling: Overview on how to protect skin, surface, and apparel in athletic environment.
- MRSA Awareness Flier: Information on MRSA and steps to take to prevent infection in matroom.
- Not at My Camp: Document designed to minimize skin infections at wrestling camps and other events.
- WIN Magazine Article: Article covering skin infection transmission by legendary coach Dan Gable.
- Tauber Document: legal interpretation regarding importance of adhering to best practices for skin infection prevention at summer camp.
Access All Hibiclens Educational Resources:
For full access to all Hibiclens educational resources, visit their site and register. The registration process will allow you to access all of their outstanding free materials to keep your program healthy.