Who is Eligible to Participate in the College Coaches Leadership Academy: The NWCA is soliciting nominations for deserving head and assistant college coaches who meet the following criteria (see below for documents). The NWCA, through the efforts of a few very generous donors, is able to provide full scholarships (airfare, lodging, meals, convention registration) for a minimum of 40 coaches this summer. To qualify for the full scholarship, the nominated coach MUST be willing to participate in all of the following outlined below:
- Complete ten (2 hour) online modules that promote important CEO principles along with best practices for improving the retention and graduation rates of wrestlers.
- Complete a “program assessment survey” to identify specific aspects of a college team that may result in the program being vulnerable to being discontinued.
- Complete a 360 evaluation in an effort to understand how administrators, wrestlers, alumni, and parents view the coach’s proficiency in various areas.
- Attend a 3 day Academy workshop (and ensuing 3 day NWCA Convention) where a facilitator conducts small group discussions with participating coaches and mentors to help Academy participants customize the general concepts learned in the online modules to meet their needs on their respective campuses.
- Participate in a mentoring program whereby the coach can receive ongoing guidance from a season veteran coach and/or athletic administrator.
- Assemble a portfolio to demonstrate that all key program areas are at or above an acceptable standard.
How do I nominate myself or a peer?
Important Academy Materials
How do I become a Mentor? Contact email@example.com for more details.
"Growing the sport of wrestling one program at a time"