Our Mission & Objectives
NWCA MISSION STATEMENT:
The NWCA brings the wrestling coaching community together to advance the sport and ensure that current and future generations have the opportunity to engage in a safe and educationally based wrestling experience. This is primarily done by strengthening existing programs, creating new programs, and providing coaches with progressive educational opportunities.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES OF THE NWCA:
- Establish 10-20 new intercollegiate wrestling programs.
- Establish a minimum of 2 intercollegiate women’s wrestling teams to qualify for NCAA Emerging Sport status.
- Secure national television packages for the All Star Classic, Multi Divisional National Duals, and Division I National Duals.
- Develop a CEO Leadership Academy curriculum for high school and middle school coaches.
- Establish a high level “College Wrestling Task Force” to enhance our sport’s infrastructure.
- Develop “best practices” for a 3-5 year plan designed to reduce forfeits and improve retention of wrestlers at all levels (reduce forfeits 29% to 15% over the next 5 years).
- Increase the number of state associations that sponsor women’s wrestling state championships from 6 to 12 over the next five years.
- Increase the number of new chapters of Wrestlers in Business Network from 10 to 30 over the next five years.
- Work through our NWCA State Chairmen program to expand the number of State Wrestling Coaches Associations from 25 to all 50 states over the next five years.
- Grow the NWCA Convention from 300 registrants to 600 registrants over 5 years (and include an officiating component).