Adrian College Seeking Head Women’s Wrestling Coach
Position Title: Head Women’s Wrestling Coach
Purpose of Position: Lead the Women’s wrestling team
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Supervision Received: General supervision; reports to Athletic Director
Supervision Exercised: Directs activity of full-time assistant coach and student employees
Work Schedule: Full-time; 11-month position; some evening and weekend work is required; up to 50% travel
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Example of Duties:
This position involves frequent verbal, written, and email correspondence with current and prospective students, parents, faculty, and staff. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a successful recruiting/retention plan
- Devise a game strategy which includes scouting opponents
- Plan and supervise practices/contests and off-season training and strength conditioning programs
- Coordinate team travel
- Manage the program operating budget
- Integrate the wrestling program into the campus community
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with departmental/College/WCWA rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of coaching experience
- Must be able to perform duties within the normal bounds of an office environment as well as stand for long periods of time.
- Must also be able to demonstrate wrestling techniques to student-athletes.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Previous collegiate coaching experience and collegiate wrestling experience preferred. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work independently, has excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and will be someone who is able to interpret, apply and comply with all WCWA rules and regulations. A demonstrated commitment to the academic development of student-athletes will be given preference as will knowledge of Adrian College policies and procedures.
Adrian College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If offered a position, the finalist must furnish proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. within three (3) days of commencing employment.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to Michael Duffy, Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.