Lindenwood’s Carlos Jacquez named DII Wrestler of the Year
Manheim, PA – On Thursday afternoon the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) announced that Lindenwood University’s 125 pound National Champion, Carlos Jacquez, was named the NWCA Division II National Wrestler of the Year.
Jacquez, a Redshirt Junior from Aurora, IL was named one of six NWCA Division II Super Regional Wrestlers of the Year last week. These six winners were finalists for the national award and Jacquez emerged as the clear winner of the 2019 National Wrestler of the Year award.
Jacquez’ undefeated 30-0 season was highlighted by winning the Super Regional IV and National Titles. This followed his Sophomore campaign which ended with All-American honors while capturing 6th place. Carlos will enter his senior campaign looking to capture back to back National Titles and secure his third All-American honor.
“We are proud to honor outstanding performances and Carlos demonstrated a level of excellence all season that makes him more than worthy of this high honor.” said Mike Moyer, NWCA Executive Director.
Super Regional Wrestlers of the Year
- Super Region I: Chris Eddins 149 (Pitt-Johnstown)
- Super Region II: Isiah Royal 141 (Newberry)
- Super Region III: Tyler Warner 133 (Wheeling Jesuit)
- Super Region IV: Carlos Jacquez 125 (Lindenwood)
- Super Region V: Vince Dietz 197 (St. Cloud St.)
- Super Region VI: Matt Malcolm 157 (Nebraska-Kearney)