NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Poll – No. 4
Courtesy of the NAIA – Link
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – In the fourth edition of the 2019-20 NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Poll, Campbellsville (Ky.) moved up one spot into the No. 1 spot earning a total of 195 points.
Top 20 Highlights
- Rounding out the top five this week was Menlo (Calif.), Life (Ga.), Southern Oregon, and Providence.
- Menlo had the most individually ranked wrestlers with five including: Alleida Martinez (109), Gracie Figueroa (116), Tiana Jackson (123), Solin Piearcy (143) and Precious Bell (170).
- New to the poll this week was Texas Wesleyan at No. 20
- Wayland Baptist (Texas) had three No. 1 wrestlers this week including: Kaylynn Albrecht (155), Desiree Zavala (136) and Nina Pham (101).
- There was one newcomer in the top ranked individuals at 143 Solin Piearcy of Menlo (Calif.).
- This is the second year for women’s wrestling as an NAIA invitational sport. Twenty-eight NAIA institutions sponsor women’s wrestling teams during the 2019-2020 season. Women’s wrestling will be eligible for championship status once 40 institutions sponsor a varsity women’s wrestling program.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the four conferences and groupings.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- For the complete Top 20 calendar, click here.
2019-2020 NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches Top 20 Poll – No. 4
|4||5||Southern Oregon University||153|
|5||8||University of Providence||147|
|6||3||University of Jamestown||142|
|7||7||University of the Cumberlands||135|
|8||6||Wayland Baptist University||128|
|10||9||Oklahoma City University||118|
|13||13||Eastern Oregon University||68|
|15||14||Missouri Valley College||54|
|16||19||University of Saint Mary||43|
|17||15||Missouri Baptist University||40|
Receiving Votes: Central Methodist 12, Baker (Kan.) 11 and Central Christian College 8
Top-ranked Individuals | Individual Rankings
101 – Nina Pham, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
109 – Alleida Martinez, Menlo (Calif.)
116 – Grace Figueroa, Menlo (Calif.)
123 – Tiana Jackson, Menlo (Calif.)
130- Abigail Nette, Campbellsville (Ky.)
136 – Desiree Zavala, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
143 – Solin Piearcy, Menlo (Calif.)
155 – Kaylynn Albrecht, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
170 – Precious Bell, Menlo (Calif.)
191 – Nkechinyere Nwankwo, Oklahoma City