Growing WrestlingJoin NWCA
Why wrestle? Wrestling is an inexpensive way to attract quality students and a passionate corporate community for support.
WHY WRESTLING BELONGS IN YOUR STATE:
- Indigenous to your geographic area
- Wrestling provides opportunities for all ages and sizes and promotes diversity
- Opportunity for regionally competitive program
- High school participation trends
- Academic achievement of scholastic/collegiate wrestlers
- Modest cost for establishing a program
- Wrestling’s Famous Wrestlers
DIVERSITY ANYONE CAN BE INVOLVED:
- Wrestling has numerous weight classes for boys and girls so all students of any size have an opportunity to compete.
- Historically, wrestling is a “blue-collar” sport that attracts student-athletes from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Wrestling is one of the few sports that provide opportunities for the blind and physically handicapped.
- Wrestling ranks 2nd for the most 1st generation college students at NCAA Sports.
- Wrestling ranks near the top of NCAA sports in opportunity for minority athletes.